Raiding application for a frost mage

Please post here if you are interested in joining the Praetorian Guards. You must register before you can post.

Moderators: Bekstab, Maeve, cazzy

Reyana
Mage
Mage

Raiding application for a frost mage

Postby Reyana » Thu May 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Character
Name: Kita & Throthgar
Armory Link:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... renas/kita
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /throthgar

Please list your alts:
Reyana (110)
Minath (90s)
Therrana (90s)

About You
Please can you tell us a bit about the person behind the character?:

Well, I'm Daniel - I am in the guild as my hunter Reyana at the moment. I know a lot of people in Praetorian Guards, from being in the same guild as Gylax in Vanilla, to having talked to Lethe for years, Whitefoot in old content runs, Lastsin in MoP Challenge mode gold runs, and many more. I've been playing Wow since mid Vanilla and raid on and off, though currently my main's guild is very empty.
Currently I am unemployed - I passed an interview last year to work for British Airways which was super exciting, left my current job shortly after... then realized security checks take in most cases more than a year! So at the moment I have lots of free time, though in the future that will change for certain periods.
I'm a gamer through and through, have been since I was 7.

Are you over 18?
Yeah, 25.

What can you bring to Praetorian Guards and what do you expect the guild to provide in return?:
I've had a wealth of experience raiding since TBC (Vanilla if UBRS counts =P) where I raided with Facta Non Verba from the very first run they did in Karazhan, which if I remember rightly became the #1 guild on the server for various kills after Paradigma split. I'm around a lot, I have spent the majority of my time in the last half a decade in Wow helping other people do things for them rather than myself so I'm the type of person you can always ask for things, feel free =D
Earlier in Legion, In Emerald Nightmare, myself and a good friend would generally contribute about 30-50% of our Guild's raid damage for our boss kills depending on the fight, (the two of us were also responsible for gearing up each raiding guildie of our small guild because we were driven to help and carry as much as we could) so I guess I can offer at least competent Dps and a helpful attitude.

Please can you tell us a little about your previous guild history and why you wish to leave your current guild?:
In Vanilla I was in the wonderful Elite Grail Knights for levelling, until I joined Aura.

In TBC a healing friend from Aura moved to Facta Non Verba, which was looking for a tank to start their raiding career so I went with him. I raided Karazhan every week for a very long time, and stayed with them until I took a break from the game for exams roughly when Sunwell came out.

In WotLK I came back shortly before Ulduar and the guild had died, so I joined an old friend in a friends and family casual raiding guild, Divide & Conquer. I was with them for a while until more exams forced another long break from the game. Unfortunately, the old friend who invited me passed away and I joined at the end of the expansion the guild I am in to this day, Retribution - an old but now very casual Raiding guild which contained a number of friends.

There were a core 5-6 skilled players in this guild so we didn't have much progress - we killed Deathwing Normal just 1 day before the release of the MoP patch - no offence to many of my friends in Retribution but a lot of them were just not carryable - we had fun anyway!

I was "raid leader" of this guild through WoD and EN - though we had such few people that we had to pug most of the members =P
I raided with many guilds as a freelance tank in parts of MoP and WoD - mainly Ruin and Poetic Justice until they both switched servers.
I joined PG as Reyana a little while back but only as a social, and as far as I can remember this is my Guild history. I generally don't hop around many.

I don't know whether I want to leave Retribution completely. Other than 3 of us who log in most days, it is currently empty but the thing keeping me there is largely the fact that it contains many friends over the last decade who only log in from time to time who I wish to keep in touch with.
If I have to leave it on the characters I want to raid here with, I can do - but I wouldn't want to leave it as all my alts etc.

Raiding Information
Comment on your build, glyphs and gear choices:
My mage is currently my main, so I will go through that.
I have a very single target oriented build as a frost mage -
Lonely Winter > Shimmer > Incanter's Flow > Frozen Touch > N/A > Unstable magic or Gale > Thermal Void.
Obviously I change some of these up for cleave fights, but atm I am currently trying to catch up my fire spec to utilize that for aoe / cleave fights, therefore being able to use either spec for their best encounters =D

For Gear, I stat prioritize obsessively to the point where I have regularly chosen not to use 25, 30Ilevel upgrades that would lose Crit / Haste which so far has kept my Dps competetive. I currently sit at 902 Ilevel frost, 900 Ilevel fire and am a couple of points off concordance with frost.

This application is for my mage as my main, but I can also offer my services as a 900~ Ilevel Protection Paladin or an 885~ Marksman hunter.

Please describe your previous raiding experiences:
I mostly covered this above but to recap:
Vanilla - Nothing more than UBRS. I kited Drakkisath like a pro on my hunter though ^_^
TBC - Everything up to Sunwell as part of one of the top few Guilds on the server as one of their main tanks!
WotLK - Just most of Ulduar, ToC, the gap raids and Half of ICC
Cataclysm - Not much, wasn't playing as much here due to School. I also refused to raid Dragon Soul until right at the end because it destroyed Lore with what they did to dragons </3
MoP - A fair few Heroic kills very early on with Ruin / Poetic Justice, hardly played in ToT, but came back to SoO and earned Curve with some friends.
WoD - Again a few kills at the start, didn't raid BRF, then came back and managed to get Curve in HFC heroic with friends.
Legion - As Raid Leader, with Guild leader friend we were responsible for putting in a lot of effort to gear up guildies who wouldn't do anything for themselves. Cleared heroic EN with pugs easily enough before taking a break. Currently 10/12 Nighthold heroic I believe, no one around in the guild so Pugging only.

Please link a copy of any worldoflogs or warcraftlogs to show your performance:
I don't really use logs, as the only raiding I can do atm is with pug groups, last few years has just been raiding with friends so didn't need them, and in TBC despite being in a top guild I had no idea what logs were. Didn't even keybind properly back then ; ]

Can you attend our raid times of 8:00pm to 11:00pm server time?:
I'm going to say in general and for the forseeable future, yes no problem.

Please say the days you are available to raid on:
Pretty much any day of the week.

Is your Computer good enough to maintain a high FPS? What is your internet connection generally like?:

Yep, I built this a year ago and it performs very well.
Internet connection is stable, usually play with 25-30ms.

Misc
Do you have anyone in the guild who will sponsor you?:
Lastsin is the one who suggested I make an application so I'll go with him =P

How did you hear about us?:
I'm in the guild already as a social =D

Tibanlarut
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Raiding application for a frost mage

Postby Tibanlarut » Thu May 18, 2017 11:05 pm

Thanks for your application! :D We will get back to you asap!

I can't make every decision for you. I don't have 14 timeouts. You guys got to get together and talk.
G. Popovich

Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates.
E. Johnson

It makes me sick when I see a guy just stare at a loose ball and watch it go out of bounds.
L. Bird

If you think and achieve as a team, the individual accolades will take care of themselves.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.

M. Jordan

Tibanlarut
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Tibanlarut » Fri May 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Thank you very much again for your application and we are happy to offer you a spot on the raid with your mage. :D

I can't make every decision for you. I don't have 14 timeouts. You guys got to get together and talk.
G. Popovich

Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates.
E. Johnson

It makes me sick when I see a guy just stare at a loose ball and watch it go out of bounds.
L. Bird

If you think and achieve as a team, the individual accolades will take care of themselves.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.

M. Jordan

Reyana
Mage
Mage

Postby Reyana » Fri May 19, 2017 9:58 pm

Thanks for the reply =D

Return to “Recruitment”